Buying a home
Since the pandemic process of buying a home has changed, the things real estate agents did pre-pandemic WILL NOT get a buyer a home in today’s market!
My five-step Ultimate Offer Acceptance Strategy is what every buyer needs to succeed in today’s market and have their purchase offer accepted by the seller.
It is not uncommon for a seller to have multiple offers on their property in today’s market. Most buyers’ agents do not know what a sellers’ expectations are and what strings to pull to get their client’s offer accepted. This is where my expertise comes into play for a buyer. I specialize in selling homes in Chesterfield, VA, and the surrounding area. On average, I sell 50 homes a year. Why is this important for a buyer? I work with many sellers day in and day out. I know what they like and what they do not like. This knowledge is paramount for any buyer purchasing a home; unless a buyer’s agent is familiar with today’s sellers, they will be at a disadvantage.
My five-step Ultimate Offer Acceptance Strategy:
- Talk to my lender. Everyone has a bank they bank with, but the relationship with a bank is different from my relationship with the loan officer. I consider the lender part of the transaction one of the most critical parts and the foundation of a successful transaction! Educate the buyer on what the financial piece of the transaction looks like.
- Be decisive! I help my buyers figure out what they want and their real estate goals before starting the buying process. We discuss what is realistic and what is not.
- Be prepared. I help position my buyers, so they are prepared when they step foot into the house they want to live in.
- Have a plan! Strategic offer and presentation!
- Negotiations expertise. Most negotiations take place between the two agents. Knowing how to talk to the listing agent is critical—knowing what questions to ask, taking the answers, and putting them into the contract. This will make the difference between the buyer who get their contact accepted and the one who does not.
So much goes into the purchasing process. Do not leave it to chance!